The Governing Board of Grand Canyon Unified School District’s held a special Board meeting on January 23rd, 2016 at which the following Goals for 2016-2017 were established.
- Budget: Ensure a balanced budget is in place.
- Academic: Maintain a curriculum that meets each student's academic needs.
- Culture: Maintain a character/discipline program that provides a safe, secure, and embraceing enviroment for all students and staff.
- Communication: Communicate current and relevant information with all stakeholders on a regular basis and solicit community input on key school and district decisions.
- Personnel: Implement a robust process for hiring, training, retaining, and promotion of highly qualified personnel and provide staff opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Policy: review district policies regularly and update as necessary.